GFA's Wind Mitigation ProgramThe goal of our Citizens' Inspection and Outreach Program is to offer qualified inspection professionals who conduct inspections to verify and document conditions and/or the presence of certain property features used to establish eligibility and/or rates for subject properties. Inspections may be performed on existing policies or on new policy applications. Our goals are to perform inspections quickly and efficiently, to provide sufficient documentation regarding the presence of property features associated with the type of inspection being performed, and to complete all inspections in a courteous and professional manner.
Inspection Management Services
GFA and our associated Field Inspectors are prequalified for each type of inspection prior to receiving inspection assignments. We provide all the required insurance, inspection administration, customer service staff and in-house quality assurance services to assist with the overall quality of the re-inspection process. We ensure that each of our Field Inspectors complies with the requirements of the program.
Personal Residential Inspections
Wind Mitigation Inspections
All wind mitigation inspections include completion of the following services and deliverables:
- A completed and signed Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form which describes the existence of all allowable mitigation features including without limitation: the year built, wall construction, Florida Building;
- Code equivalent roof covering (type, condition, date of installation or update), roof deck attachment, roof to wall attachment, roof geometry / shape, gable end bracing, secondary water resistance, and opening protection;
- A completed mitigation comparison report for each inspection that identifies and compares the differences between the mitigation credits reflected on the current policy and those validated by the mitigation inspection;
- Photographs documenting each mitigation feature per building, the exterior of each building from every angle, and any hazards or concerns noted during the inspection;
- GFA shall arrange for the provision of remediation inspection services to policyholders in the event that a policyholder corrects wind mitigation features after it has been inspected as part of the Inspection and Outreach Program. The scope of the remediation inspections are only those features identified by the policyholder as corrected.